Thursday, May 3, 2012

Oxygen Absorbers

I ordered my oxygen absorbers on Monday, and I can't wait for them to get here.  I had to research about when to use them.  I almost made a huge mistake and was going to put an absorber in my sugar and salt jars.  I found some great information with just a simple google search.  I found my absorbers on Amazon, just do a search and you can find many choices.  I am getting the 300cc absorbers which from what I understand will be perfect for my half gallon jars and even my quart jars.  
  I have seen lots of big cans of the freeze dried and dehydrated fruits, but I found some smaller Ziploc type packs at Walmart which will give me a chance to play with them, before I go all out and order the #10 cans.
Can't wait to get all the food put in jars for long term on Tuesday when the absorbers get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment